UMSI alumni awards
Nominations and selection:
全民彩娱乐官网Nominate an outstanding UMSI alum for one of two UMSI Alumni Awards: The Distinguished Alumni Award or the Entrepreneurial and Innovation Alumni Award (criteria below).
Nominations should include a short statement including the reasons for nomination, a current resume/CV, and any relevant news clippings or published papers.
The selection committee is appointed and chaired by the Alumni Society Board president and composed of selected Alumni Society Board members and the UMSI assistant director of development and alumni relations.
Distinguished alumni award
全民彩娱乐官网Purpose: To recognize and honor alumni who have distinguished themselves in the information professions. It is presented for the highest professional distinction.
1. An alumnus who has made outstanding contributions to the information professions or has made significant humanitarian contributions in the home, community or to humanity in general over a sustained period of time.
2. The individual must have received noteworthy recognition regionally, nationally, or internationally in his/her profession.
全民彩娱乐官网3. Must be a graduate of UMSI.
Entrepreneurial and Innovation alumni award
Purpose: To recognize and honor alumni who have made significant contributions as an entrepreneur or innovator in the information professions.
1. An entrepreneur who has made significant contributions to a business, public, or non-profit organization that provides services in the information professions or uses the information professions in new ways, with preference given to an individual who has started a business or non-profit.*
2. An innovator who has helped to create new fields of study or contributed to fundamental change in information professions.
3. Must be a graduate of UMSI.